Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our baby

Yesterday I had a 10week appt with Dr. Haugen. He is really nice. Dan was able to come and we got to listen to the heartbeat. What a big, strong heartbeat for such a little blob, I was so impressed! Everything is great, I pretty much lucked out having none of the health problems the rest of my family seems prone to. I have had zero morning sickness. Not to be gross of anything but just constipation is the only thing I've had to deal with but thats nothing. Oh I hate puking, I would probably consider that to be the worst thing ever. I don't think I have actually puked since high school, or if I did I have blocked it from my memory. But thankfully, no puking for me - HURRAY! Everything still smells stinky to me though, I hope that goes away. So my first trimester is nearly over so I should start showing soon right? I'm not exactly excited about the stage where you just look chubby, I want to have an unmistakably pregnant tummy so I can put a bow on it.
We have been looking at lots of names. It's so much fun. Seems like we are leaning towards scripture names, at least for a boy. Now no stealing, but for a boy I'm thinking Soloman Augustus Hallock(then I can call him Gus :) and for a girl Siobhan Liahona Hallock.

9 comments:

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Well, for the showing everyone is different, but usually around 4-6 months is when most start to show, so sorry, but the chubby stage is just starting. But the bloated feeling should be gone for the most part now. That was a relief for me.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I loved hearing the heartbeat for the 1st time. I didn't have an ultrasound until after 20 weeks, so that was the first time it felt real to me. How exciting!

Alicia said...

oh my gosh!! congrats!! your prego!!! how fun!!! what a perfect Christmas present!

Margaret said...

How cute are you!

Brandi Clark said...

Very exciting. With both boys I started howing right around 20 weeks which was when we were able to find out what we were having. I don't think I ever got the chubby fase, I just had a big round belly. I guess I was chubby afterwatds but not until then.

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Ok girl, it is time for a new blog, it has been a MONTH!!!

Brandi Clark said...

Thanks, he had a fun little party with some family. He enjoyed himself, but was sick like the week before. Got better just in time for it. We had to miss the rodeo thought. :( How are you doing miss prego? How far along are you now and when do you find out what kind of baby you are having?

Matt and Christy said...

What an exciting time for you! Everyone told me that the second trimester was easier. I had more energy, but I was still sick. Consider yourself lucky! E-mail me at kiki37duck@yahoo.com for access to our blog. Thanks!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Hey are you ever going to update. I am dying to know how you are doing and want to see some belly pics. COME ON!!!!