Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Woes

I am so very disappointed with the way this election seems to have turned out. I’ll start off locally. I have never had much faith in the majority of citizens in Eugene & they continue to reinforce that. I don’t know why I get my hopes up each election that good will prevail & the liberal sheep of this community will pull their heads out of the ground & make a good decision. But alas, I am always disappointed. Now they are all up on their high horse saying they won because “they stuck to the issues” and insinuating that Republicans lost because they are all must be mud-slinging hate mongers. Hypocrytes. They are all just dirty politicians any way you call it, but I especially hate a self-righteous politician.

I have no faith that my vote counts for anything here. But I still have to pay taxes to support people and issues that don’t give a crap about me or my values.

I am also upset about Obama getting elected. And just as I figured, all everyone is talking about is how historical it is. What is so historical about it? Oh yeah, it’s because he is black. (Actually he is only like 8% black, but that’s beside the point.) It is just as I suspected all along, it was always about race. No one was really listening to his ideology; they were all just jumping on the “it’s cool & progressive of me to vote for a black man” bandwagon.

Now I despised those people with their “Bush: he’s not my president” slogans on many different levels, and I won’t be obnoxious like that with Obama. However, I won’t just stick my tail between my legs & admit defeat.

I don’t support Obama, and I won’t. Just because he is elected does not make his ideology any more palatable to me. I don’t trust him & I’ll be watching as he makes those “changes” that I so disagree with & praying that his worshippers wake up and realize that Obama-ization of America isn’t really in any of our best interests.

5 comments:

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Yeah it is kind of scary knowing he will be president. And it was all about race and always will be. Hense the reason 95% of the black people that voted, voted for him. That sounds like it is about race to me. I am worried about our country. I don't trust Bush or Obama. Oh well...we have no choice now, but to watch and see what he does.

Mandy said...

Wow! I completely agree with you. My heart just sunk at the results of the election, nationally and locally. I thought some of the races would be a lot closer than they were and I was shocked by the landslide results. It seems to me that not only was it "cool and progressive" to vote for Obama as you said, but I couldn't believe how blind people seem to be to his fancy talk. When I hear him speak, I just hear a bunch of run-around speech that means nothing. And yet, everyone always talks about how moved they are by his speeches. I've heard him preach "change" for the past year, but never really explain what that means. And the few plans that he does describe, I disagree with in every possible way. Furthermore, I felt that McCain got a bad rap for being too much like Bush even though he has been very open about their differences. I think that people's hatred of Bush allowed them to be close-minded to any Republican regardless of the issue.

And now, everyone continues to talk about what a historic election this is and how it reveals the hearts of America to accept revolutionary change. I think it reveals their hearts of ignorance and superficial ideals.

Anyways, that's enough ranting from me. I believe that God sets our leaders into power and I have to trust that He knows what He is doing. Perhaps, it's all a sign of the times, things getting worse, fulfilling prophecies of last days. I don't know. I don't like the man, but what's done is done. And, obviously most of America disagreed with me. Therfore, I just have to seek God as things unfold and know that He is still in control regardless of who the president is.

Alicia said...

I KNOW!!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I have nothing against blacks! IF obama completely changed what he stood for and was a consevative i would have voted for him. He totally masked the public with his fancy words and talk of this AMAZING CHANGE! ugh. seriously it drives me crazy!

Alicia said...

the thing with most of america, is they are uninformed voters, if they really knew what Obama was about, I doubt so many would have voted for him. The second coming is totally coming fast!

Anonymous said...

Tell us how you really feel.