Monday, January 26, 2009

Good Baby



Awe...I have such a good little girl. Now I don't want to jinx myself but she has successfully slept on her own for three nights in a row. So both she & I actually got more sleep this way...AND...I could sleep in bed with my hubby again who I was seriously missing...AND... I didn't wake up with a sore back & a crick in my neck from crashing on the couch. Hurray!!! Life is good. It's amazing the wonders a good nights sleep can do for your outlook on life.

So Dan mentioned to me that Juliet's initials are JR, you know...as is "junior". I just thought that was funny. I see nickname potential here.

Dan & I decided to go the cloth diaper route. I was a bit worried at first about how that would work given my gag-i-ness regarding all things poo. But since that has turned out not to be an issue I am really loving the cloth diapers. They are awesome. Especially when she soils it again (sometimes twice) right after I have just changed her. It is SO nice not to be dropping tons-o-money on diapers each week at Walmart; and honestly it is just as easy to toss them in washing machine & turn it on as it would be to put the disposables in the trash.

And now back to Juliet. She is so cute! I just can't get over it. I love to hold her & cuddle her & watch her sleep. This is really the best thing ever. I just keep praying that it works out that I can stay home with her instead of going back to work. I just can't bear to miss a moment of this!



And on a completely unrelated yet noteworthy note: my platys(pet fish) had babies! I was cleaning out their tank and what do I find? Adorable wee baby fishies. So cute! However not as cute as Juliet :)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Holy crap! Congrats on Juliet sleeping through the night!! That is so great! And Amen on not wanting to miss a minute with her, I feel the EXACT same way! Congrts on the fist babies ;)

T

Unknown said...

I'm VERY impressed with the cloth diapers- I've always been too chicken to try it...you'll have to share your secrets.