Monday, March 23, 2009

Life is Good!

I started back to work this week, 4 hours a day. The hardest part has been getting out the door in the morning. I mean I just have this one additional little person but for some reason that makes 4 extra bags to carry! I'm sure I'll get it all streamlined sooner or later. Juliet has been doing very well with grandma watching her; being happy & taking a bottle. It's hard to leave her, but it is so lovely to get an excited smile from her when I come to pick her up. Unfortunately it seems my three month maternity vacation(mostly spent in my house away from people) has weakened my immune system. Just as soon as I spent a day or two in public last week I come down with a nasty cold. Bah! No fun...but at least I have managed not to share it with Juliet or Dan. I have been doing alot of sewing. Mostly on custom cloth diapers that I am going to try selling. Because yeah, cloth diapers are awesome!
That's a little update. And now for my favorite part...PICTURES!







Once upon a time I was taking pictures of me & the wee babe when suddenly...


spit up happened! Ahhh!!! And now it is is caught on camera. Thats right... caught mid-spit up and I even unknowingly made a face to go with it. Although check out Juliet's face...oh dear :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Carina, I love that first picture! The pigtails are so darling. (Confession: I am starting to feel tinglings of baby-want. Yes, it is true. Me, who always said she didn't care if she didn't have kids. How time can change you...)

Hope your first week back to the working world is smooth and happy! :)

kimmy said...

Oh.my.goodness.Carina! She is adorable! I am loving the pig tails. 4 hour days is an aweesome way to ease back into work. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures. I am glad you don't have to work a ton. It is probably nice that Grandma gets to watch her. Keep the pictures coming. She is so cute.

Lanette said...

Ahh! Love the spit up picture. How funny :) She's so pretty. And her pigtails are adorable!

Brandi said...

Thats so cute. I know it is spitup, but still... The face you made to go along with it is perfect. Good pictures! If Dan is not busy the evening of the 10th, we will be moving everything out of the house. into the truck we are renting. You can come over and gawk over the new baby with me!!! FUN FUN

Brandi said...

Do you think that Dan could come by this weekend and look at Adam's car again? This is so frustrating! We got the clutch fixed, and now the car is smokin'! LOL. I dunno why, probably something simple. Give us a call or send a text if he can.

marianne walker said...

half marathon is the first sunday in May. You'll probably do great. I however will be dragging along the rear like I did last year.