Friday, September 5, 2008

24 weeks, more on Twilight

Well here I am. I'm now 24 & 1/2 weeks along. Time sure is flying by. I went to see the doctor again & he says everything is great. In 4 weeks I will have my glucose test and then after that I get to go in every two weeks. I guess I'm getting down to the home stretch. So yeah I'm kinda scared. I'm sure everything will be great & wonderful but I can't help feeling alittle apprehension. First I'm scared that I'll have a huge baby. Dan was over 10 lbs when he was born. Ouch! that would hurt alot, I don't like pain & I really want to do this sans epidural. Then second, and I hate to say this, but I'm not super fond of most babies or kids. Having never really been around any until Dax (who I am fond of in spite of myself :) I'm not sure what to do with other peoples babies. They smell funny & seem breakable. I don't feel any overwhelming mothering instinct like I imagine I should. I am hopeful though. Treeva felt the same way, but after Dax was born she totally changed. She loves Dax so much & her transformation into a mother was totally natural. So hopefully I'll snap into motherhood just like that when our little girl is born. Ugh! We really need to settle on a name. That’s all anyone asks anymore; "when are your due?" and "what is her name?" It's annoying to not have a straight answer to that.


I am continuing to read the Twilight series. I finished Eclipse last night & started Breaking Dawn today. Oh! can I just say that again... Oh!! Wow do I ever love this series. Everything happens just the way I want it to. Edward says what I want him to say & does what I think he should do. It's like she read my mind. If I was capable of writing a best-selling love story this is just what I would write. No, I take that back; I’m not that creative. I never would have thought to have a vampire fall in love with a girl, what drama! what excitement! Ok perhaps I’m a wee bit obsessed but I don’t care. I don't care if it is cheesy sometimes, it's beautiful & sweet & I can't put it down.

So I was realizing today that Andrew Steig was my Jacob Black. He was there for me when my “first love” Justin dumped me in high school and I was in the depths of despair. We dated & became friends but I never encouraged him to love me because I was still pining for Justin (pathetic I know); although he totally loved me. I even called him orange juice once. Poor guy. He was completely confident he could get me to love him the way he loved me. I wrote to him 3 times a week for a year and a half on his mission & we became wonderful friends; he almost had me talked into marrying him, almost. Then I met Dan, fell in love, got engaged & broke Andrew’s heart. Maybe that’s why I don’t like Jacob; maybe I still feel a little guilty myself for hurting my good friend.

3 comments:

Sarah Peterson said...

you know- motherhood is different for every one. Some people feel totally natural and LOVE breast-feeding and other things, while others feel totally weird and like they don't have that instant bond... If you don't bond instantly and feel 'changed' all of a sudden I wouldn't worry. You will love your baby more then anything and the rest will fall into place as you go!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Motherhood will come naturally don't worry. You will be a great Mother. And for the name, it will come to you eventually. Just talk about names eventually you will agree on one, I promise.

Margaret said...

Hang in there. Your mommy instincts will kick in and everything will be fine. You are going to be a great mom! You'll see. Did you say you didn't like pain but wanted to have the baby "without" an epidural? Just so you know, I'm not sure that is possible. I highly recommend the epidural but you are probably tougher than you think, more like Anna, and could handle anything. I however tell my friend two things before they have their babies. 1) Ask early Ask often (in regards to the drugs). Also, crying helps. They often give me the drugs faster when I cry. LOL. 2) Get the milkshakes at the hospital at every meal. They are yummy!

Ok. Now you are all set! :-)