Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thoughts on a First Mother's Day

Sunday was my first Mother's Day & it was wonderful. First of all because of the little girl that made me a mother, my little Juliet. So sweet & dear, I love her more than I could have ever imagined. I have never felt so unselfish as I do with her. I don't find the enjoyment that I used to in "me" time, because quite frankly my world revolves around her now (and Dan too, I do try to remember my good husband now & again :)
Also in becoming a mother Dan & I have come to a new stage in our relationship, as mother & father together. It is such a wonderful development in our marriage. We have always been great friends. We have alot in common & enjoy spending all our time together. We can talk about anything & enjoy some good banter. But let me tell you, seeing Dan as a father has tremendously increased my affection & respect for him. He loves his little girl so much, he misses her when he is away at work & he is just as excited to see her in the mornings as she is to see him. It's darling. So for Mother's day Dan gave a wonderful talk in church about teaching in the home & mothers. He talked about his own mother & also about me & Juliet. It was very sweet.
I should also mention my mother-in-law Anita. With her watching Juliet for me while I work I have developed a new appreciation for her. She may not be outwardly affectionate like my mother, but she loves Dan. And she loves Juliet so much, & misses her when she is gone. She is a very kind person & generous to a fault. I am grateful to her for raising Dan, & for being there for her grandbabies.
And last but not least I am also very grateful for my mother. She is the sweetest person I know. She always puts on a smile even when she is in such pain. She would do anything for us girls, & she sacrificed so much to give us every opportunity. I love her so much & am so thankful that she has been able to hang on through all her serious health problems throughout the years. I hope that I can keep her for many years to come as I do not know what I would do without my mommy. She is the glue that kept our family together. I love you mama!

No comments: