Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pictures Galore

Saturday we hiked Mt. June. in Pleasant Hill. It was a lovely & long drive out to the middle of nowhere. The guide book said the hike was easy. I would say moderate, at least. It was only a mile to the top but it ascended 1000 ft. SO yeah it was steep. We attempted to have Juliet in the jogging stroller but the trail was too rugged for that, so we ended up taking turns carrying her to the top. She had a great time just sleeping in our arms. Hiking isn't much work when someone carries you the whole way. But it's alot of work to carry someone, even if they are just 13 lbs. We ended up with sore backs & some beautiful pictures. Could have been much more beautiful though if it had been a clear day. We did get a wee bit of snow though!






New friends: Juliet with Bella Stockdale. They were awfully cute together there on the floor. I can't wait until they can play.




Juliet's Easter dress I made for her.


5 comments:

marianne walker said...

I wish I had gotten your message before I left town. YOu can keep the carrier at your house- I have a front one for around the house or a backpack one with rain canopy. just come 'n get 'em.

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! So glad you emailed me with the link to your blog--it's so nice to see you guys again.

kimmy said...

I love her Easter dress. :D

Chad and Jessica said...

So cool! What an adventurous family! I love new excursions....and isn't wonderful now that gas is so much cheaper? All the easier to make little trips like that. Juliet is going to be a little explorer....AWESOME!

Her dress is SOOOO adorable...I love the fabric....great job! She is the cutest little baby girl! Cute bonnet!

Brandi said...

Sounds like fun! I miss hiking! Maybe we will come down this summer and go for a hike with you and Dan. I love that dress. You are such a talented seamstress.