Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ba-Humbug Liberals!

I despise the whole "political-correctness" pressure that comes around this time of year. First they take Christ out of Christmas - try to make it into a superficial consumer holiday. But that isn't enough, now they want to take the Christmas out of Christmas! Where does it stop??? Today in our office we had to remove a Christmas tree & poinsetta plants from veiw because "people complained" & they "didn't want to offend anyone". Well congratulations: I am SO offended! Who complains about a tree & some plants anyways? I'll tell you, someone with a bug up their butt & too much time on their hands. Seriously what is wrong with you? Hateful people.

A Politically Correct Christmas Greeting:

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, but with respect for the religious persuasion of others who choose to practice their own religion as well as those who choose not to practice a religion at all;

Additionally, a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2000, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions have helped make our society great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)



And a ba-humbug to you too, hateful Christmas-destroying people. I laugh at you & your petty selfishness!

6 comments:

kimmy said...

I read an article on AOL yesterday that scientists discovered that Christ was born in June and not December. Then they said..for 2000 years we celebrated in December..should we change now? OhMyGosh!

Teresa said...

You are too funny. And yes Kraynyak is a family practitioner, but he is also a pediatrician. Dr. Cooper asked who we used as our family Dr. and we told him K did it and he said, "oh, he would be great for the baby, you can use him!" So, we do and he is great! And CALM THE HECK DOWN, I know you are DANG excited for the baby to come, but I also kind of miss having her inside of me feeling her movements and feeling that connection. Granted this feeling is wonderful, having her in my arms now. Just enjoy it all, is all I can say! :) You are wicked cute too, btw.

Unknown said...

LOL. This is SOOO true. It's ridiculous. By either having a Christmas tree, you're offending someone, or by not having a Christmas tree, you're offending somebody...so why do the anti-Chirstmas tree people win? Maybe you could write an anonymous complaint to your office to see what happens. Gol, before you know it, it will be illegal for anyone to wear a Christmas sweater!
Jessica and Chad....sorry, I was using my work email.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Carina,

Did you write this? Seriously that is so funny and I kind of wnt to put it up on my blog too.

Please don't have the baby before Sunday when I get to see you!

Carina & Dan said...

No, unfortunately I didn't write it. I wish I was so witty :) I found it on a website, but I first heard it on the Glenn Beck show(or at least a very similar version of it). Post away.
Don't worry I'm certainly not making any progress toward having this baby very soon.
I'll see you Sunday in all my pregnantness. :)

Brandi said...

We use Dr. Strimling now for our kids. He is on Barger which makes it nice when we need to get to appts. I totally agree on the crazy Christmas stuff. I only say Happy Holidays if I mean Christmas and New Years. Otherwise I say Merry Christmas.