Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cankles


I'll spare you a nasty picture of my feet. So the last couple days my ankles & feet have been swelling a bit, giving me what I can only describe as cankles(see above). By the end of the day sitting in my chair for hours it happens. I should probably be grateful that this is only just now happening to me as I hear this happens to lots of women during pregnancy.
But seriously, it looks gross; and is rather uncomfortable. My boss walked in today and surprised me while I had my feet propped up on my desk in an attempt to relieve the swelling.
I'm going to go read Twilight now so I can properly elevate my cankles some more.

That is all.

9 comments:

kimmy said...

That's awesome you didn't have cankles the whole pregnancy. I finished Twilight last week and my youngest sister I am not allowed to borrow her new moon or my friends. I was like....why not and she said...you don't know what you're getting for Christmas! haha guess I better be patient a little while longer. How's the baby name coming?

Carina & Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carina & Dan said...

We have it down to either Juliet or Siobhan. Probably wont decide until we meet her. I prefer Juliet myself, but Siobhan is nice too - just hard to spell.

Margaret said...

The good news is they go away.

I like Juliet myself!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Sounds like you are very close to being done. I got cankles really bad the last two or three weeks before I had Addison.

Hang in there it is almost over!

Chad and Jessica said...

Okay, that picture, and the explanations are hilarious. Just the word cankle is pretty funny. I'm so sorry. Just don't look at them....they'll be gone soon enough, and your beautiful new girl will definitely be worth every discomfort! : ) Juliet is a lovely name! I'm not sure how to pronounce the other one.

Carina & Dan said...

Siobhan is pronounced like "Chev-on". It's a traditional Irish name(a nod to Dan's mission) and means "valient".

Brandi said...

Sweetie, that could be a sign that the baby will arrive soon. Changes towards the end are usually a sign that CHANGE is about to occur in your life if you know what I mean.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

This is a little late, but...
Been there, done that. No fun.