Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Update

Ok so yesterday I had another appointment with my OB. Dan picked me up because of the scary icy road conditions & it took us 45 minutes to get from RiverBend to Country Club Rd (normally about a 10 minute drive). I was a half hour late & so they were all waiting around on me since I was the last patient of the day. Oops.

So now the update. Yeah, no change at all. Seriously I have 6 days to go & I'm barely 1cm & not changing. No contractions, no nothin'.

Oh well, now isn't exactly the best time for me to go into labor anyways. With the bad weather expected this week it's probably better not to have to drive to the hospital in the middle of the night.
Plus my sister Tasha is out of town with her hubby having their honeymoon that they didn't get to have last year, and she forgot her cell phone charger so I wouldn't be able to get ahold of her to come. And even if I could, with the driving conditions so scary, she probably wouldn't be able to get here anytime soon.

So that’s ok I guess, I can wait until next week. Hopefully I will have made some progress by next week's appointment. Sounds like if I haven't gone into labor on my own & I have made at least a little more progress, that they'll induce me on the 23rd.



Also it is really cold outside! I love it though. It’s great to bundle up & play in the snow. Dan & I took the dogs for a walk last night. It was frigid, but so beautiful. I wish we had more of this kind of weather in our Oregon winters. Rain isn’t nearly so fun. I’m so glad we have heat now. Our woodstove makes for a warm & cozy little house.

3 comments:

kimmy said...

Yesterday it was 70 degres and today it is 52 and raining. Weird. I would have to agree on loving cold weather..you can do more things to warm up then you can cooling down.

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Hang in there it is almost over!

Teresa said...

Yeah, I totally saw that article! SO FUNNY! Well, nothing like choosing the #1 name in America, right?! So there will be a million Isabella's in her class . . . oh well ;) I still like your names that you have picked out!! :) How ya doin' anyway?!

T